This is not easy…
All I’ve done is give up sweets & chocolates… And on Saturday I did a new Parkrun (which was very, very tough) and I craved simply everything sugary and sweet in sight. I mean, I even drank a Fanta Grape and I never, ever drink fizzy cool drinks. But, the craving was so strong, I actually – quite simply – could not help myself.
Then I had milk.
Then I had a smoothie from Kauai.
Then I had some more Fanta Grape.
Clearly, after running my body is needing something. But, I have no idea what that something is or what I can give my body that isn’t sugary and sweet and completely unhealthy for you. After the craving subsided, I have been fine since…
I need to come up with an action plan that I can actually stick to, but I think the one thing that I try to remind myself to do is to list the reasons of why I actually want to lose weight:
- I want to lose weight to get back to my true self – before negative thinking and destructive self talk took over.
- I want to lose weight to be fit, slim, trim and healthy.
- I want to lose weight to run faster and better.
- I want to lose weight because I want to look like an athlete – not a wobbly, middle-aged mom wannabe…
- I want to lose weight because I want to give my husband who he married -a slender, healthy wife.
- I want to lose weight because I don’t want my life to revolve around food, and eating at every opportunity – that’s not how I want to live my life.
- I want to lose weight because I don’t want to live my live succumbing to cravings that I seem unable to control.
- I want to lose weight to give glory to God for my victory over negative thinking, and destructive self-talk.
- I want to lose weight to give my daughter a healthy concept of what it means to be a woman.
- I want to lose weight to prove to myself that I can do this…
There we go – 10 reasons to remind myself of why I am doing this whenever the cravings or the anxiety hit… 10 good and solid reasons for wanting to lose weight. Let’s hope and pray that I can now make this happen.