Yesterday, was a tough day for me. I had sugar lows that I was shaking, but I had eaten. And I had eaten what I would normally eat – so it wasn’t like I was missing out or anything. Then, I had a protein shake to help stabilize my blood sugar – then I felt so full, I couldn’t even eat supper last night. Okay, I did – but it was a small portion.
And once again, I just go despondent, but then I thought of my post from last week. I can’t tell you how much that helped.
There is a reason why I am on this journey – stinking thinking got me into this mess.
Correct, positive and healthy thinking will go along way to getting me out of this mess.
And one of the ways to correct your thinking is to remind yourself why you’re doing something in the first place.
And I have TEN solid reasons for wanting to lose weight:
- I want to lose weight to get back to my true self – before negative thinking and destructive self talk took over.
- I want to lose weight to be fit, slim, trim and healthy.
- I want to lose weight to run faster and better.
- I want to lose weight because I want to look like an athlete – not a wobbly, middle-aged mom wannabe…
- I want to lose weight because I want to give my husband who he married -a slender, healthy wife.
- I want to lose weight because I don’t want my life to revolve around food, and eating at every opportunity – that’s not how I want to live my life.
- I want to lose weight because I don’t want to live my live succumbing to cravings that I seem unable to control. I am stronger than this! I am made from sterner stuff – I don’t have to be controlled by my stomach!
- I want to lose weight to give glory to God for my victory over negative thinking, and destructive self-talk.
- I want to lose weight to give my daughter a healthy concept of what it means to be a woman.
- I want to lose weight to prove to myself that I can do this…
Even now, just writing these reasons over again, it helps – I still find it quite ironic that before I had Baby Girl, I was wanting to gain weight, believing I was too skinny. Now, I’m wanting to lose weight. Whether you want to gain or lose, you need to know the why… It helps!